TIPS TO MAXIMIZE SPACE WITH A QUEEN SIZE BED
How long is a queen size bed in general?
A queen size bed is roughly 5 feet by 7 feet. Queen-size bed dimensions can accommodate two people comfortably, with each having 30 inches of space to themselves.
To accommodate it, a bedroom should be at least 10 by 10 square feet in size. This clearly indicates how enormous a queen-size bed frame is.
Considering their size, they can mostly be accommodated in master bedrooms. A master bedroom offered by most of the furniture shops in Salem, Coimbatore and other important big cities, traditionally measures several square feet larger than other bedrooms in a home. This will leave enough room for people to walk around and also fit-in other furniture.
Now, if you want to accommodate a queen-size bed frame in a modern small bedroom, you need to maximize space.
This is where; you need to experiment with very small bedroom ideas.
TIPS TO MAXIMIZE
Want to fit a queen-size bed frame into a modern small bedroom?
Then try these small space bedroom designs and small bedroom decoration tips. They will let you maximize your bedroom space.
TAKE MEASUREMENTS OF THE SPACE
First and foremost, take measurements of the space.
Without a proper measurement, you will not be able to know the size of the space. Without knowing the space size, you cannot fit a queen size bed.
To get the measurement, open the door. This will let you know how the door affects the space and give you the exact measurement of the space.
Similarly, you can measure the dimensions. This can be done by combining the wall’s length with the bed excluding any aspect that otherwise reduces the total length – like a door swing or a radiator.
PLACE THE BED RIGHT
It’s essential to arrange a queen size bed first. Before that, check if the space’s layout permits its presence within its enclosure.
Once you’re sure the space offers enough room for its presence within its ambit, then
- Arrange it against the wall. Else place it away from the wall. This will create space for other furniture.
- Keep the bed’s frame to the lowest possible extent. This will give the space a compact and comfortable feel.
- Ensure the bed does not block your bathroom door or closet space.
At the end of it, you must be able to move around freely sans hassles or obstructions. Valuable advice and consultation regarding the above-said aspects are given by the best furniture showrooms in Coimbatore like Newmen’s.
KEEP OTHER FURNITURE TO A BARE MINIMUM
To accommodate the queen-size bed dimensions, ensure there is minimal of other furniture within the space.
Towards this end,
- Do away with the usual standard storage furniture. Instead opt for a built-in storage, preferably under the bed or wall-mounted shelves.
- Opt for built-in bookcase with a desk nook or a window seat. This will eliminate the need for a big chair.
- Opt for bedside table that’s attached to the bed. Else go for a minimalistic design table. They help to get rid of tables that are too bulky.
Whatever furniture needs to be there, make sure they are compact in size.
Clutter is the enemy of spaces, especially small spaces.
They not only swallow space but also make the space look ugly and disoriented.
- First and foremost, you need to be organized. This will help you to craft a clear plan. If you’re not organized then it will create more clutter.
- Maintain a container in the space. This will help to sort out your items and clear out your space.
- Keep a basket placed in a corner of the space. They can hold books, magazines, pet toys, and extra items.
- Donate items that you no longer use. Items like old books, clothes, toys, devices, furniture, and such likes. They will be of use to someone else.
- Get rid of broken items. They tend to collect dust and contribute to clutter. Items like stained clothes, tattered footwear, broken electronic items, and other such likes.
Aside from the above, there could be items that can be recycled. Keep them in a separate container and later get them recycled. Recycling helps to save energy and also benefits the environment.
CREATE INNOVATIVE STORAGE SPACES
Personal items can at times consume a lot of space.
To minimize them and maximize the space, try out small room bed design tips. Keep them in mind before you pay a visit to any bedroom furniture store online or offline.
If you happen to have a staircase in your space, you can create storage spaces.
Staircases provide an excellent opportunity for extra storage. They often occupy large wall space. If they happen to be sufficiently wide, they can be made use of and converted into a staircase shelf. Shelving can be installed along the staircase wall. This will expand a storage space and also give the stairs a unique visual appeal.
Have you ever tried vertical storage? If not, then here is a chance to try it out.
Vertical storage helps to organize items and maximize space. Doors offer several square feet of space. They will be great for housing lightweight items like accessories, caps and hats, shoes and other footwear items, etc. They can even hold backpacks.
All that needs to be done is to install a single hook. Else try a hanging shelf unit. They will help create a vertical storage space.
USE COLORS TO DECORATE THE SPACE
Color and paint can maximize a space.
Dark and light colours create contrast reflections and can give a space depth. For instance, dark and bright white colours can open up the space and create the illusion of a much larger area that is light and airy.
When it comes to paint, use one colour. They end and then begin again creating boundaries in the space. Additionally, the space will also appear continuous. White will be a good choice. They will make the space look bigger.
White and lighter colours also tend to better reflect light throughout the space. This will make the space look more open.
Mirrors reflect and bounce light from the windows. This will make the space to look bigger.
- Hang a mirror on the wall. This will trick the eye into thinking that the space is large. In some ways, it also helps to maximize the space.
- Hang a mirror big in size in a corner of the space. Additionally, hang some smaller ones throughout the space. If positioned properly they will reflect the light and brighten up the space.
Aside from the above, keep the décor to a minimum. Too much of it creates a cluttered environment in the space. Get rid of all small bedroom decoration ideas that does not gel or fit with the space’s overall theme.
Maximizing the space to accommodate a queen size bed frame can be challenging. It can be tricky as well.
You must consider all possible options including very small bedroom ideas.
This way, you can experiment with small-space bedroom designs and small bedroom decorations. You will be surprised to learn how much they will suit your space and your needs as well.
Finally, you will also be able to create a maximized space that accommodates your queen bed size dimensions.
You might want to check out: