Creating a Relaxing Bedroom Oasis: Essential Furniture and Décor Elements
After a long day of work, you would just want to jump on your bed with a box of ice cream, put on your favourite series and just fall asleep to it. A bedroom is a person’s comfort zone and haven, so inculcating calming tones into it should be a vital practice. The colours used, the lighting in the room, the amount of furniture used and even the aroma in the room determines the kind of mood it sets. If you are looking for bedroom room ideas, you should definitely check out our bucket list for the best bedroom furniture collection available
The bedroom might be the place where you spend most of your time in, so making it inviting and aesthetic should be a must when you decide on bedroom décor items. There is no right and wrong when choosing furniture. If the furniture is comfortable, you have achieved your goal. You can achieve the perfect bedroom room interior design by putting your favourite pieces together and creating a space that reflects your personality. If you are setting up your new place or looking for bedroom makeover ideas, here are a few elements you should definitely include.
Things that should be a must in a bedroom-
- Mattress- This is where you are going to spend most of your time. Finding the right mattress for you is essential to get a good night’s sleep. You have to choose the right mattress to suit your comfort, for example, if you have back pain you should preferably get memory foam.
- Lighting- You can install light dimmers to suit your mood. A dimly lit room is more cosy and comfortable compared to a bright room with lots of light. The lighting in a room also changes the look of the articles kept in the room and the vibe of the room. Modern bedroom design has minimalistic tones and the right amount of lighting that gives the place a calmer look to it.
- Artwork- Artwork is one of the bedroom décor items that would add more character and drama to your room. You could choose nature-themed paintings, modern art and other minimalist pieces to elevate your space in a subtle manner.
- Bedframe- A good bed frame is necessary for the bed to sit properly and provide adequate support for comfort. It also adds to the aesthetics of the room by either going for a simple bed frame or a dramatic one that acts as the central attraction.
- Headstand- If the bed frame does not have a headstand that comes with it, you can always go for a separate headstand which can be inculcated in the bedroom room interior design. It adds style and comfort to your room, everyone wants a comfortable backrest while watching their favourite show.
- Bed linens- Bed fabrics might not be the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about bedroom decor items, but choosing the right colour that matches the aesthetics of the room adds to its beauty. The bed linens paired with the right throw pillows would give the room a completely visually pleasing look.
- Bedside table- This might be a minor element in a modern bedroom design, but this is highly functional and convenient. You can keep your water bottle, phones, and whatnot for easy access. You can also keep a bedside lamp that can be used by book lovers for reading before sleeping.
- Curtains and windows- The colour of the curtains and patterns also play a crucial role in determining the vibe of the room. Big windows make the space more airy and let in a lot more natural light. If you want to get a good sleep during the day, opt for blackout blinds, that’ll give you the right amount of light when you need it.
- Plants- Infusing natural components gives it a more earthy look and feel. Nature is usually associated with calmness and serenity, so inculcating earthy elements would make it a more relaxing place.
You can find a number of bedroom room ideas online on websites like Pinterest from which you can get an idea and glean inspiration to set up your room. You can find a diverse range of modern furniture at Newmens Furniture in Coimbatore to achieve your perfect home.